According to The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church (¶258.1) the committee on nominations and leadership development is to:
• identify the gifts and strengths of persons in the congregation
• develop their gifts and skills and nurture them in their mission or ministry roles
• deploy persons according to their gifts and passion in areas of service within the church, community, and world (see also ¶126.)
• evaluate the effectiveness of their service and provide necessary training and support
• monitor the progress of their development and celebrate their accomplishments and service
The Committee on Nominations and Leadership Development meets monthly beginning in January and continuing until June.