- To supervise and maintain all property belonging to Main Street United Methodist Church so that the ministries of the congregation can be effective.
- Responsibilities: The trustees together have several legal and administrative functions. They are to:
- oversee, maintain, and supervise all local church property
- report annually to the charge conference on the state of the church’s property, equipment, investments, and resources
- receive and administer all gifts made to the congregation; make certain that all trust funds of the congregation are invested properly [Note: this responsibility has been transferred to the Permanent Endowment Committee]
- ensure that the articles of incorporation of the congregation are kept up-to-date, if applicable
- be responsible, in conjunction with the pastor, for all use of the church buildings and grounds
- maintain adequate insurance coverage on all church property and develop appropriate risk management policies
- submit to the committee on finance the annual budget requests for insurance, property maintenance and improvement, and new property purchases
- be accountable to the charge conference and to the church council.
Source: The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church and Trustees Guidelines
- Chair: Paul Curtis
- Members: David Crane, Jim Gowen, Roger Hall, Bill Hebel, Cindy Morrissey, Donna Swanson, Richard Young