United Methodist Women
- Making Christmas ornaments presented to children
Our annual fair has been an important part of the United Methodist Women (UMW) for forty or more years, and is the main source of income to support our annual budget. Our UMW gives a significant pledge to the Conference UMW which supports global missions, and our group is a service oriented group with four important areas that we sponsor each year: Yuletide Fair, Layettes for Church World Service, Spring Fling for Senior members and guests, and a homemade Christmas ornament that is given to each child at the family Christmas Eve service.
In addition, money in our budget is allocated for the Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets, Wanakee Scholarships, Habitat for Humanity, Interfaith Council, and other projects that come to our attention during the year.
This fair is sponsored by the UMW, but is supported by the community and church members, and we encourage anyone in our congregation to create holiday decorations, ornaments, and hand crafted items, that can be used throughout the year.
During the fair, come visit our Victorian Tea Parlor set up in the beautiful Wesley Building next to the church.
- Holly 's Kitchen - (Soups, sandwiches, and desserts that are irresistible) - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Baked Shoppe - (Home made goodies that can be frozen or used as holiday special treats)
- Grandma's Attic - (Gently used holiday decorations and gifts)
- Arts & Crafts and Gifts - (Hand crafted items for the holidays and throughout the year)
- Harvest Theme - (Decorations, and centerpieces for Thanksgiving and the fall)
- Christmas Shoppe - (Handcrafted ornaments, holiday gifts and decorations)
- Victorian Tea Parlor - (Tea and crumpets in a quiet and restful atmosphere) - 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Small plants will be featured and sold on the luncheon tables and in other areas - please bring cuttings in between November 3 - 8. We are also looking for card tables for the luncheon.
Kathy Romano and Joyce Tagliaferro are the fair's co-chairs - feel free to ask them any questions.
THANKS FOR YOUR DONATIONS, YOUR TIME, YOUR PURCHASES AND YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS IMPORTANT ANNUAL EVENT!
At Christmas time, the groups make felt ornaments and hands them out to the children during the family service.