The Sunday Coffee Hour is offered after the second service during the school year and after the morning service in the summer. It is "sponsored" by the church's committees. In these days of social distancing, we instead gather after worship in a "Virtual Coffee Hour" using Google Meet at approximately 10:30am each Sunday.
You can use a computer, phone or tablet to connect. With a tablet or phone, first visit Google Meet and install the apropriate app.
Quick Reference on Google Meet
Meet supports the current version and the 2 previous major releases of these operating systems:
- Apple® macOS®
- Microsoft® Windows®
- Chrome OS
- Ubuntu® and other Debian-based Linux® distributions
Meet works with the current version of the browsers listed below:
- Chrome Browser. Download the latest version
- Mozilla® Firefox®. Download the latest version
- Microsoft® Edge®. Download the latest version
- Apple® Safari®.
Meet has limited support in Microsoft Internet Explorer® 11, and Microsoft Edge provides a better Meet experience. If you want to use Internet Explorer for Meet, you need to download and install the latest version of the Google Video Support plugin.
Tip: If your browser doesn't support Meet video meetings, you can dial in using the phone number and PIN, if provided by the meeting organizer.
Hints Using Google Meet on a Phone/Tablet
NOTE: If you are having trouble with audio, make sure you "Allow Meet to use your camera and microphone"
Hints Using Google Meet on a Computer
Provide your name if you aren't logged into a gmail account, and then click Ask to Join.
If you don't see this control bar, move your mouse over the window.
- Click microphone (fuscia arrow) to mute/unmute
- Click red phone (blue arrow) to hang up
- Click ... button (red arrow) to change in/out of full screen, audio/video settings, or displayt layout (see right)
Click ... button on left and then Change Layout, then Tiled to see all partipants at the same time.