Church school takes place from 9:00 to 10:00 AM and typically runs from the Sunday after Labor day through the second Sunday in June. We welcome new students all year long. There is no fee for any of our classes. Registration is a simple process and may be done the first Sunday a child attends. You may access and print out a copy of the registration form from this website.
Our morning starts with Nursery children through kindergartners and 7th through 12th graders going directly to their classrooms. The first through sixth graders gather in room Wesley 102 where they spend the first 10-15 minutes of class learning more about aspects of church life: mission projects, stewardship, church history, and music, for example. They then go to their classrooms for the remaining time.
The elementary classrooms are in the Wesley Building, where parents will pick up their children after church school. The classrooms and teachers are very welcoming. We currently have a high teacher to student ratio which allows teachers to focus on the uniqueness of each child.
- The Toddlers class (2 and 3 year olds) and Prekindergarten-Kindergarten class (4 and 5 year old) have friendly rooms with plenty of playthings. A class will typically include a story, music, an activity and a snack.
- First through fourth grades have a more traditional classroom setting, with a variety of approaches to learning to help all students, whatever their learning style.
- Toddlers through 4th grade are using "Bible Basics", a new Cokesbury curriculum.
- Fifth and sixth graders are using the "Submerge" curriculum from Cokesbury, specifically designed for "tweens".
- The combined Jr. High and Sr. High classes use an assortment of United Methodist approved curriculum and discuss topics of relevance to their age groups.
Multiple adult studies meet during the church school hour, see the Christian Education page.
Volunteers working with children and youth have completed a volunteer application form, had references checked and have attended a one hour course on child protection.
Our Dedicated Teachers
Registration forms are required for nursery through 12th grade. One form may be completed per family. The classroom needs planning form is helpful for all children up through kindergarten and for older students with special needs.